DetailsTips to Prevent Corona Virus While Traveling
Fun Vacation with a Healthy Trip
Holidays a good moment that people have been waiting for to relax the density of daily activities. A vacation by traveling is very pleasant, but it is also good to pay attention to health when traveling. Traveling with close or far distance can reduce stamina or energy. So with a physical condition that is not optimal, a vacation will not feel fun and enjoyable. Moreover, the Corona virus which in early 2020 became a very worrying health issue.
- About Corona Virus
Corona Virus or 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a virus that attacks the respiratory system. This can cause severe respiratory infections, such as pneumonia. This virus is a new type of coronavirus that is contagious to humans. This virus was first discovered in Wuhan, China at the end of December 2019. Corona virus, including a large family of SARS and MERS. Corona virus can cause common cold diseases to become serious such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
Symptoms of Corona virus can cause sufferers to experience flu symptoms, fever ≥38 degrees Celsius, cough with phlegm and even bleeding, sore throat, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Generally someone who is infected will have symptoms such as cough, flu, and shortness of breath.
- Preventive Efforts
Why is the Corona virus so worrying? Because it can cause fatalities by spreading the virus so quickly. Therefore it is very important to do prevention efforts to protect themselves before getting infected with a virus. Preventive efforts are carried out for all ages, despite having good endurance. Especially for both domestic and foreign tourists when traveling is very important to prevent disease. Here are tips for staying healthy while traveling:
- Avoid traveling when you have a fever and cough
- If you experience symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath, immediately seek medical services and convey the history of previous travel to health workers.
- Avoid contact with people who have a fever and cough
- Always clean your hands with water and soap or antiseptic fluids
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing and sneeze with a tissue or arm in a shirt - then immediately remove the tissue
- Make sure to use a mask to cover the mouth and nose area
- Dispose of disposable face masks immediately and wash hands immediately
- If you get sick, immediately inform the transportation provider and immediately seek health services
- When seeking treatment, inform the health worker of your history
- Consumption of cooked food
- Don't spit carelessly
- Avoid close contact and travel with animals that are sick
(source: World Health Organization (WHO) and Instagram DKI Jakarta Health Agency (@dinkesdki)))
A pleasant holiday because of a healthy trip. Therefore maintaining health is very important in everyday life to avoid a variety of diseases. Let's take care of our health with the preventive measures already listed.