Ayam Church or GPIB Pniel is a colonial church in Indonesia. The church that was built between 1913 and 1915 and originally named the New Church has an architecture designed by Ed Cuypers and Hulswit.
Until now the interior of this ancient building has survived since almost a century ago. Chairs, pulpits and other equipment made of teak have been maintained since the Dutch period, even though the pipe organ had been replaced in the early 1990s. A large Dutch Bible from 1855 was placed on the pulpit of the church. Because it was eaten by time, this Bible is already fragile and easily torn.
The name Ayam has a meaning that is more than just pointing to the compass. This symbol is taken from one of the verses in the Gospels which tells the denial of Jesus as Lord by his disciple, Peter. this symbol reminds Christians of His Lord.
Address: Jalan H. Samanhudi No.12 Sawah Besar, Central Jakarta
Phone: (021) 3807621