Details27,722 Plant Seeds Distributed to Citizens
Thousands of plant seeds were distributed to Jakarta citizens during periods of January-August 2016 by Jakarta Dept. of Maritime, Agriculture and Food Tenacity.
“We have distributed 27,772 trees up to August. Please request to us to get free plants,” said Darjamuni, head of the agency, Thursday (9/1).
Head UPT of Seed Development and Plant Protection for the agency, Ali Nurdin, stated there are 13 locations of seed garden owned by the agency. 60 percent of the seeds are distributed to the citizens and the remaining 40 percent are for retribution.
“Each person can get two and maximally 10 trees,” he stated.
Based on the data, seeds that were distributed are 6,763 fruit plants, 642 protective plants, 3,576 decorated plants, and 16,791 herb plants.
Source : http://www.beritajakarta.com/en/