The operational of five double-decker buses in the capital will be postponed temporarily. It was conveyed by Jakarta Governor, Joko `Jokowi` Widodo, to ascertain the condition of the bus and to prevent the previous case where many buses damaged after being bought from China.

"All incoming goods must pass the test in order to prevent unwanted things. Sooner or later, we`ll launch the bus," said Jokowi, at Jakarta City Hall, Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan, Tuesday (2/18).

He disclosed his party is still completing the needed documents regarding the operational of the double-decker bus. In addition, Jakarta Tourism and Culture Department also focuses on the selection of the bus driver.

"All need preparation. We do the selection because bus drivers were previously non-permanent. If all is ready, the bus will be operated this month," he told.

Jokowi ensures the condition of those double-decker buses is good. They are  currently undergoing a testing stage, starting from HI Roundabout-Jl. MH Thamrin-Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat-Harmoni-Pasar Baru-Veteran-City Hall.

The bus could be enjoyed by Jakartans for free. Its ticket can be found at shopping center, hotel, and Soekarno-Hatta Airport.

Later on, the bus would pass tourist areas, such as Blok M, HI Roundabout, Tekstil Museum, Monas and Kota Tua. Then its operational is set every day at 7 AM-9 PM

source: www.beritajakarta.com