Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics occupies an old building which was founded in 1870. Originally the building was built for the Ordinary Raad van Justitie Binnen Het Casteel Batavia (Council of Justice at Batavia Castle). 1944 used by the army KNIL, and subsequently by the TNI. In 1973-1976 used as the Office of the Mayor of West Jakarta, and has also utilized by the Government of DKI Jakarta as the office of the Museum and History. In 1976 the old building was inaugurated as Jakarta Arts Institute and in 1990 the Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics.

The building was built on January 12, 1870 was originally used by the Government of the Netherlands East Indies to the Office of the Council of Justice in Fort Batavia (Ordinary Raad van Justitie Binnen Het Kasteel Batavia). When the Japanese occupation and the struggle for independence around 1944, the place was used by the army KNIL and further to the TNI military barracks.

On January 10, 1972, the buildings with eight the large pole in front of that building becomes the historic building was used as well as the cultural heritage is protected. Then in 1973-1976, the building was used for West Jakarta Mayor Office and then it was inaugurated by the President (at that time) Soeharto as the Jakarta Arts Institute. In 1990 the building was eventually used as the Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics treated by the Department of Culture and Museum of Jakarta.

Avalaible Hours

Important Information

Museums & Landmarks
West Jakarta
(021) 6926090
Jl. Pos Kota No. 2 West Jakarta

See Map

Related Places

  • チャンドラナヤ

    1910年~1916年および1927年~1942年に、華人知事の許金安(Khouw Kim An)によって所有されていた遺産建造物。19世紀に建造されたチャンドラナヤはガジャ·マダ通り188番に立地しています。

  • コタ駅


  • 45年闘争館