Deskripsi Event :
MOCAfest (Marketplace of Creative Arts) is the WIEF Foundation’s arts and culture festival. It is an initiative to recognise the potential of the creative industries and the role that it can play in the lives of millions of people across the globe in terms of economic empowerment and social enterprise.
MOCAfest is an international arts festival that gives a platform for both established and emerging talents worldwide to display, collaborate and exchange their works on an international stage. MOCAfest is not merely a performance festival. More than that, it consists of dialogues, networking session, masterclasses, workshops, entrepreneurial trainings, film screenings, visual art exhibitions and artistic collaborations. MOCAfest seeks to synthesize the creative and business world so that they can learn from one another. MOCAfest is home to all kinds of arts; from music, film, visual arts, literature, poetry, dance and many more.
This 2016, the 12th World Islamic Economic forum presents MOCAfest signature showcase, MOCAfest SOUNDSCAPE CONCERT, an evening performance of cross-disciplinary, multi-media, artist collaboration and impromptu, fusion works. It is a live dialogue of cross-cultural exchange amongst Indonesian creative talents from poetry, music, multi-media, dance, & martial arts.
Special Performances by :
- Wani Ardy & The Guitar Polygamy
- Putri Sulistyowati
- Nouha Saleh
- Krom Monster
- Jamal Raslan Abdul Jalil
- House of Natural Fiber (HONF)
- Haryo Sasongko
- Gardu House
- Etson Caminha
- David Gunn
- Ayu Laksmi
- Animal Pop
- Rasmee Wayrana
- Tony Amaral
- 3 Agustus 2016 :
- MOCAfest Translations 7.0 | 10.00 – 11.00
- Reviving classic works of literature from the Muslim world and beyond. Focusing on the work of Hamka, an Islamic and literary scholar from Sumatra, and how his message can be passed down to the next generation through the medium of art.
- Panel Discussion, The Business of Culture: Commercialisation or Preservation? | 11.00 – 12.00
- When Indonesia’s cultural capital leaves home ground to compete on a global stage, it faces a divergence point, whether to commercialise or preserve. How will this affect the transmission of creative works?
- Masterclass – Design Thinking in Motion | 12.00 – 13.00
- Showcasing the basic principles of design thinking, and how we can use it in our everyday lives, a real live demonstration will be at work by creators and makers from the design movement.
- Lunch | 13.00 – 14.00pm
- Idepad – Creative Arts Project Pitch | 14.30 – 16.00
- Stage given, to selected talents, to pitch in their innovative and creative projects in front of a judging panel.
- MOCAfest Soundscapes Series | 16.00 – 16.30
- A fusion of creative works under the theme ‘Unity in Diversity’.
- Sharing Circle, Talent vs. Money – Bringing Business to the Arts | 16.30 – 17.30
- A fish-bowl dialogue between artists, managers, businessmen, and cultural producers in understanding the business models and the nature of the Creative Industry. What are the perceptions of artists and investors?
- MOCAfest Soundscapes Concert | 20.00 – 22.00
- A grand performing arts concert, bringing creative talents of various genres from different countries, for a fusion of modern, traditional, soulful, and expressive performances.
- 4 Agustus 2016 :
- Panel Discussion : Islamic Cinema and Challenging Ideology | 09.30 – 10.30
- The power of visual and audio symbolism in changing the narrative and catalysing social change. What are the drivers behind the emerging growth of Islamic Films and its implication on Indonesia’s culture?
- MOCAfest Soundscapes Visual Mapping Demo | 10.30 – 11.00
- Film Screen | 11.00 – 12.00
- MOCAfest Soundscapes Visual Mapping Demo | 12.00 – 12.45
- Closing Session | 12.45 – 15
More Information :