Zion Church is also known by the name Portugeesche Buitenkerk or Portuguese Church located at the corner of Jalan Pangeran Jayakarta and Mangga Dua Raya. The church building has the architectural grandeur and solid durability. Portugeesche Buitenkerk or Portuguese Church was completed in 1695. The inauguration of the church building is done on Sunday, October 23, 1695 with the blessing by the Reverend Theodorus Zas. Physical development takes about two years. Laying the first stone do Pieter van Hoorn on October 19, 1693.
The full story of this church blessing written in Dutch on a memorial board. Until now, it can still be seen on the walls of the church.
This church is the oldest building in Jakarta, which is still used for its original purpose as when the initial was established. Houses of worship still has most of the same furnishings as well. This church was restored once in 1920 and again in 1978. The church building is protected by the government through Jakarta Governor Decree CB / 11/1/12/1972.