This temple was built in 1650 by a Chinese named Kwee Hoen Lieutenant and named Kwan Im Teng (觀音 亭, Pavilion Guan Yin). It is in Glodok, southwest of the city.
According sinolog Claudine Salmon, although not found the evidence, this temple chances of burn in the massacre of ethnic Chinese in 1740. The temple was restored again in 1755 by Kapitan Oei TJI-lo and given the name "Kim Tek Ie".
During the 17th century there was no clear information on Kim Tek Ie.
In the 18th century, with the development of the city is rapidly increasing, Kim Tek Ie is known as a place of worship is the most important Chinese community in Batavia. Every devotee is received with an open and into a place of worship visited by many officials. A Major Chinese ever to donate funds for the restoration of the temple
- Kebun Jeruk Mosque
Department of Culture and Museum has proclaimed as a cultural heritage and existence continue to be preserved. The mosque is still maintained the authenticity of architecture, built by Chinese Muslims in 1786. That time or Tschoa Wa Chan Tsin is a Chinese Muslim leaders in Batavia who came with his wife Fatima Hwu, and initiated the construction of the mosque which is now located in Jalan Hayam Wuruk, Jakarta Kota.