Joint Declaration of the Fifteenth Council for Promotion of Tourism in ASIA
We, the representative of tourism administration in the cities of Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Metro Manila, Taipei, Tomsk and Tokyo have gathered in Jakarta to engage in fruitful discussion on measure to further strengthen the tourism network consisting cities in ASIA.
Various destabilizing factors currently exist for tourism such as the disaster, war, terrorism and infection disease. It is, therefore for each member city to enhance its crisis management system and to comprehensively share information.
Tourism today encompasses a broad spectrum, which covers, for example, visit to places of interest, shopping, meetings, conferences, exhibition, sport, education, technology, art and fashion, medical, agro and eco tourism. We believe that the cities, with their unique urban environments, also make attractive tourism resources that can be developed and promoted in the future.
Accordingly, in addition to the efforts being made by each city in cooperation with the others to implement such mechanisms, we intend to form a tourism network consisting of the ten cities and to attract travelers from North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and elsewhere.
At the end of the meeting, the council declares that it has reached agreement as follows on the basis of the principles outlined above.
1) The Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia aims to achieve prosperity and development for the tourism network consisting of the ten Asian cities (Bangkok, Delhi, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Seoul, Taipei, Tokyo, Tomsk).
2) The following will be implemented for the time being as joint projects:
· Strengthening of PR on each city's tourism charms
· Further promotion of campaign PR through the production and use of relevant items
· Sharing the best practices for establishing brand as a tourism destination
· Promotion of campaign PR through utilizing each city's brand
· Planning of monitor tours
· Planning and operation of website
· Promotion of youth exchange
· Promotion and support of exchanges among private sectors in each member city
· Further promotion of city collaboration for developing multi-destination tours, with a name of "One Asia Pass"
· Sharing information on member cities' best practices for recovery from natural disasters
· Promotion of cooperation by mutual PR among member cities
· Tourism promotion of display at the ANMC 21 Exhibition
· Sharing and promoting each member cities' best practices for establishing brands as tourism destinations
3) The Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia consists of the ten cities that have expressed their willingness to participate; the Council also strongly urges participation from other cities taking part in ANMC21.
4) The Secretariat for the Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia will be located in Tokyo, which is the city managing the project, but meetings will be held in each member city on a rotational basis.
5) Each city will strive to promote travel exchange between the member cities.
6) The next meeting will be held in Hanoi during the course of 2017.
ITEMS AGREED UPON at the fifteenth Meeting of the Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia (CPTA)
September 5, 2016
In order to further the promotion of tourism to the ten (10) cities participating in the Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia (CPTA), the Council agrees to the following :
1) Each member city will make efforts, to the extent that it is possible to do so, in enhancing the awareness and promoting the use of One Asia Pass by making, distributing, posting brochures and posters with discount coupons in their cities.
2) Each member city will cooperate, to the extent that it is possible to do so, in promoting attendance at various promotional events, fairs and conferences that are held in the member cities (For example, craft fairs and culinary festivals.) In addition, in response to a request from Hanoi, each member city will cooperate, to the extent that it is possible to do so, in promoting attendance at The Traditional -Cultural Craft Tourism Festival - Ha Noi organized by Hanoi in an effort to promote craft tourism in the area.
3) At all travel fairs to be held in the future, each member city will make every effort to engage in promotional activities for the CPTA.
4) Each member city will implement a photo contest utilizing Welcome to Asia Campaign Portal site, designed to promote the appeal of Asia in target markets.
5) Each member city will endeavor to provide timely information to the private sector. The CPTA Secretariat will utilize the Event Calendar on the Portal Site as a means of actively transmitting the most up-to-date information concerning each member city's events. In addition, each member city will make active efforts to post crisis management-related information.
6) Each member city will engage in efforts aimed at enhancing hospitality in their city and will share information.
7) Each member city will cooperate, to the extent that it is possible to do so, in distributing brochures and other PR materials which are provided by other member cities.
8) Each member city will cooperate, to the extent that it is possible to do so, in asking leading, prominent media and bloggers of their cities to join the familiarization trips conducted by member cities.